A dog bite is a traumatic event often resulting in serious injury. Numerous deaths are reported each year as a result of the most vicious attacks. Unfortunately, children are often the victims, and a bite will result in very serious facial injuries that result in permanent scarring. Many times, there is also physchological harm that lasts well beyond the physical injury.
Some facts regarding dog bite injuries illustrate the frequency and seriousness of these events:
- Every 40 seconds, someone in the United States seeks medical attention for a dog bite.
- It is estimated for every dog bite that is reported, three go unreported.
- Nationwide, as many as one million people annually require medical treatment for dog bites.
- More than 334,000 victims end up in the emergency room.
- More than 4.7 million people, or 2% of the U.S. population, are bitten by dogs each year.
- More than half of all the dog bite victims are children.
- National figures estimate that 60% of dog-bite attacks happen in the home, either by the family or friend’s dog.
If you or a loved one has been the victim of a dog bite, please contact one of the attorneys at Cline Farrell Christie Lee & Bell who are experienced in handling dog bite cases today for a free consultation. We will be happy to evaluate your potential claim and advise you as to your legal rights and options. We look forward to hearing from you and we welcome the opportunity to serve and assist you.